The Tunisian-Mediterranean Association for Historical, Social and Economic Studies and The Tunisian World Center for Studies, Research, and Development will organize the 10th international symposium November 28-30, 2017. The theme of the tenth international symposium will be: Tourism: The phenomenon and its socio-economic consequences.
The theme of “Tourism: The phenomenon and its socio-economic consequences” could be approached from different perspectives, which include:
1. The phenomenon of tourism
- Conditions of development of the phenomenon of tourism
- History of international, national and regional tourism
- Tourist infrastructures and facilities, transport, hotel architecture
- Tourism and literature
- Tourism and visual arts
- Tourism and stereotyping
- Colonial tourism
- Cultural tourism, festivals, memorial tourism, industrial tourism, gastronomic tourism, oenological tourism
- Religious tourism and pilgrimages
- Creative tourism
- Medical and health tourism, hydrotherapy
- Seaside tourism, nature tourism, cruises, winter tourism, holiday villages
- National park tourism, camping, hiking
- Amusement parks, playgrounds
- Sports tourism
- Business tourism.
2. The economic dimension of tourism
- Statistics: numbers of tourists, destinations, profits and foreign exchange flows, investments – Sociology of tourism
- Tourism and employment
- Indirect activities, construction and public works, trade
- Tourism organizations: UNWTO, national and regional committees, agencies and tour operators, transport, engineering
- Tourism regulations and legislation
- Training for tourism professions
- Tourism press coverage, books, guides, reviews, travel stories
- Regional and social inequalities in tourism development
- Tourism and economic conditions: general economic development, insecurity, terrorism
- Tourism and the environment: transformations of space, impact on nature, pollution
3. The socio-cultural dimension of tourism
- Enhancement of heritage, restoration, animation
- Heritage and modernity
- Archaeology and management of ancient monuments
- Art tours
- Threats to and destruction of, abandonment of, and betrayal of heritage
- Tourism and cosmopolitanism: evolution of mentalities and mores, appearance of new values, threats to identity
- Tourism and poverty
- Sex tourism
- Resistance of traditional societies to tourism
- Sustainable and equitable tourism.
- June 30, 2017: Deadline for submitting proposals to the following email address: [email protected]
- Participants will receive before July 10, 2017 responses to their proposals and information about the conference registration fees.
- Deadline for sending the Final Text: November 15, 2017
- 10th International Symposium: November 28, 29, and 30, 2017 in Beja, TUNISIA
- Individual proposals: must be a new topic that has not already been published or presented at a scientific symposium.
- Proposal: Detailed summary: at least one page (font: Times New Roman 12; page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced), with a detailed and up-to-date C.V.
- The proposals can be in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish.
- For abstracts in French or Spanish, a detailed English translation is mandatory (one page at a minimum; font: Times New Roman 12, page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced).
- For summaries in Arabic, a detailed translation into English or French is mandatory (one page at a minimum: font: Times New Roman 12, page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced).
- The conference proceedings will be published after evaluation by the Scientific Committee
More information about Symposium you can find here.
Registration form for Symposium is here.